Sunday, July 1, 2012

A very *SWEET* 16!

Last weekend, my lovely cousin Hanna turned 16. 
The family threw a wonderful party for her, and I got to make the cupcakes!!

I ended up making somewhere around 120 cupcakes!
Here's a sampling...
 

Chocolate chip mini cakes, classic vanilla cupcakes, chocolate-and-vanilla marble,
and also some chocolate mini cakes with butterscotch chips -- YUM!

My favorites were the chocolate chip mini cakes.
(I made some sans-chocolate, on the left,
for anyone who has a very sad and unfortunate allergy.)


Topped with some hot pink buttercream, they were the cutest little cakes!


Here's a picture of the cupcake tower at the party...
 

Assembling all the different cakes on the tower is one 
of my favorite parts of making cupcakes for a party.
It's just so nice to see the finished products (before everyone dives in and eats 'em!).

Here's a close-up of a marble cupcake with chocolate buttercream.


 I made a special "H" (for our guest of honor) from some very cool

The Sugar Sheets conveniently came in patterns that perfectly matched the theme...

Hot pink and zebra stripes.

And here's a shot of the complete cupcake table,
taken by our favorite photographer and friend, Fraser MacMannis!


That's all... Sweet treats for a sweet girl on her sweet sixteenth! 


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com